Stover Photography

Join me to view my latest projects and events. It is my goal with this blog to keep you updated on any events I will be photographing or specials I will be running. Check back regularly as the site is always changing. I hope you enjoy my work as much as I do. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Quilt II




Here are Mollie and Christopher's baby quilts. As you can tell I am in a bright happy color phase. I think I am getting Grandma's disease of walking past fabric and just buying it because it is cool. I need to start sewing more to use some of it up or stop buying everything I walk past. I have more ideas in my head then time to do it :-) The big quilt was my sister's. I won't let her pick the pattern again. There were so many pieces to that quilt I thought it would never get done. It probably wouldn't have if Grandma hadn't helped a lot. I would cut, trim and iron and she would sew. Robin was thanking her lucky stars for Grandma that is for sure. None of us have ever had a store bought blanket to use and I don't think we can start now. That is why I had to take up the torch. Grandma can't sew anymore and we can't sleep without our quilts :-) She kept us supplied for at least 50 years. Between her taking pictures and sewing quilts and clothes she must have spent her fortune. I am sure she wouldn't have traded it for a bank full of money and we are all grateful for that.